Now Livestreaming: Canada Goose The University of Illinois Wildlife Medical Clinic—a non-profit organization that provides care and treatment to sick, injured, and orphaned wild animals—will ...
This message will appear in the August 2017 issue of the Chicago Veterinary Medical Association Bulletin. Using Data, Strategy, and Caring to Improve Life In July, two veterinarians from Thailand ...
CHAMPAIGN, Ill. — Chemical compounds called cannabinoids are found in marijuana and also are produced naturally in the body from omega-3 fatty acids. A well-known cannabinoid in marijuana, ...
Normal Life Possible for Dogs with Palatal Defect “Every 3 minutes, a child is born with a cleft lip or cleft palate” begins the heartrending appeal for donations to ensure that these children have ...
Our Groundbreaking Program
1st Year Highlights
- Hands-on experience starting in the first semester
- Exposure to diverse career opportunities
- Clinical skills center staffed with experienced coaches
I appreciate the wide variety of electives available to me as an Illinois veterinary student, from international veterinary medicine to exotics to business management.
2nd Year Highlights
- Seven weeks of clinical rotations combined with hands-on skills development
- Comprehensive written and practical milestone examinations
- Elective course sequences offered for seven species or areas of interests
There are vast opportunities to get involved – including the Wildlife Medical Clinic and numerous student clubs. I noticed the friendly, helpful, ‘work-together’ atmosphere at Illinois right away!
3rd Year Highlights
- Surgical instruction, with option for more surgeries in shelter medicine rotation
- Second milestone examinations to ensure readiness for clinics
- Clinical rotation year begins in March
The junior surgery lab not only allowed me to practice one of my special interests but also gave me the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of homeless pets.
4th Year Highlights
- Participation in all areas of patient care at college’s Urbana and Chicago clinics
- For-credit experiences in a variety of internship settings
- Student-designed capstone experience for the six weeks before graduation
I am excited to begin fourth-year clinics, where I can apply what I have learned in the past three years to real-life patients.