Immersing you in both clinical settings and the classroom, all four years, to nurture well-rounded practitioners.
That’s the Power of I.
Thank you for your interest in the Doctor of Veterinary Medicine program at the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine. Our innovative curriculum produces broadly trained, clinically prepared graduates equipped to enter a wide range of veterinary fields.
Among the many benefits of an Illinois veterinary education are:
- Hands-on clinical rotations throughout the curriculum, beginning the first semester
- Courses that integrate subject matter across disciplines and species
- World-class Clinical Skills Learning Center
- DVM-Master’s in Public Health joint degree program with the University of Illinois-Chicago
- Structured and informal research opportunities for students
- A wide array of elective courses and student organizations to delve into areas of interest outside the core curriculum
- “Professional development” course that allows students to tailor their six weeks just before graduation, with guidance from a faculty mentor
- Robust shelter medicine program that allows students to perform as many as 50 surgeries in a two-week rotation
- Outstanding hands-on opportunities for students interested in wildlife medicine and epidemiology