“All of the Ophthalmology staff are outstanding, and one of your best services. I give this department full credit for saving the vision in Charlie’s left eye.”
In November 2022, Dr. Todd Marlo, boarded veterinary ophthalmologist, will join our faculty.
The ophthalmology service is now scheduling appointments for November and beyond.
Our ophthalmology service offers comprehensive eye care for small animals, horses and other large animals, and exotic animals. We use state-of-the-art equipment to diagnose and treat ocular disease. Once we have made a diagnosis, we’ll work with you and your animal to treat the problem as well as help you learn to detect eye disease in the early stages.
We treat a wide variety of eye-related issues. Common conditions include:
- Cataract and cataract surgery
- Corneal transplant
- Corneal ulcers
- Dry eye
- Eyelid diseases and defects
- Hereditary eye disease
- Ocular surface reconstruction
- Corneal grafts
- Endolaser treatment for glaucoma
- Episcleral cyclosporine implants for dry eye in dogs
- Episcleral cyclosporine implants for immune-mediated keratitis in horses
- High-frequency ocular ultrasound
- Iris cyst ablation
- Phacoemulsification for cataract removal
- Suprachoroidal cyclosporine implants in horses