What Awaits You at the College of Veterinary Medicine?
Opportunity We’re growing. Between 2016 and 2021, we’ve invested more than $36M in facilities improvements to clinical, instruction, and research facilities.
You can grow with us. Many clinical faculty positions offer flexibility in balancing your appointment’s focus within our mission of teaching, research, and service. We want to help you pursue your passion.
Community The College of Veterinary Medicine is committed to a culture of inclusiveness, collegiality, professionalism, and service. You’ll find open communication and transparency in decision making.
We strive to bring an integrated approach to all our endeavors. That means building interdisciplinary teams to push the boundaries of science and medicine. And uniting the basic and clinical sciences in our innovative veterinary curriculum. And engaging faculty at all levels, staff, and students as we chart the future trajectory of the college.
Continuity An impressive number of leaders in biomedical research, clinical specialties, and education have built a legacy of impact since our founding in 1948. That legacy continues today. United in our desire for healthy animals, people, and environment, our diverse college community provides a welcoming workplace for new team members who share this vision.
Openings at the College
- Academic Hourly/Part-Time Clinical Skills Learning Center Instructor
- Clinical Skills Training Specialist
- Clinical-Track Professor in Veterinary Anatomic Pathology
- Clinical-Track Assistant or Associate Professor in Veterinary Small Animal Soft Tissue Surgery
- Communications and Marketing – Extra Help Position
- Counselor at the College of Veterinary Medicine
- Instructor of Small Animal Urgent and Convenient Care
- Instructor/Lecturer Large Animal Emergency Medicine
- Open Rank Emergency and Critical Care Specialist
- Open Rank Professor in Small Animal Orthopedic Surgery
- Open Rank Spay Neuter Community Outreach Program Veterinarian
- Open Rank, Veterinary Ophthalmologist
- Tenure-Track or Clinical Track Assistant or Associate Professor in Veterinary Radiation Oncology
- Veterinary Technician
About the Veterinary Teaching Hospital
We have more than 80 veterinary faculty members in our hospital, with boarded clinicians in 16 areas of specialization. In addition, our care team includes around 50 residents and interns and 80 certified veterinary technicians.
An $12 million hospital-wide renovation and expansion project wrapped up in 2021. Since 2015 we’ve added:
- A 9,000 sq ft small animal surgery wing with 8 ORs, including an interventional radiology suite
- A state-of-the-art linear accelerator and a new 128-slice CT to support its use
- A 3T MRI
- A new facility for small animal primary care, zoological medicine specialty services, and our Wildlife Medical Clinic
Our hospital is dedicated to:
- Supporting a healthy balance between your personal and professional lives
- Invigorating collaborations across disciplines to advance veterinary science, student instruction, and patient care
- Making a lasting impact through education, outreach, and discovery
We love veterinary technicians!
Find out about the career options and benefits of working as part of the University of Illinois Veterinary Teaching Hospital. Contact our program coordinator for more information!