The small animal Primary Care Service provides full-service primary care to dogs and cats in the Champaign-Urbana community. Our team is passionate about quality, comprehensive wellness and preventive medicine, including physical examinations, life-stage and breed specific care, vaccinations, general surgery and dentistry, as well as behavioral and nutritional counseling.
Services Offered at Primary Care
- Vaccinations and infectious disease prevention
- Parasite screening and control
- Nutrition, diet selection and weight management
- Routine dentistry and oral care
- Behavioral counseling
- Surgery, including spays and neuters
- Diagnostic testing
- Imaging services (x-rays, ultrasound)
- Wellness and preventive care guidance
- Breed- and age-specific individualized care
- Diagnosis and treatment of illnesses and injuries
- Palliative care and euthanasia
Referrals to and consultations with board-certified specialists in surgery, emergency/critical care and a variety of medical specialties are available through the University of Illinois Veterinary Teaching Hospital.