Special capabilities in the ophthalmology service include:
- Corneal grafts
- Endolaser treatment for glaucoma
- Episcleral cyclosporine implants for dry eye in dogs
- Episcleral cyclosporine implants for immune-mediated keratitis in horses
- High-frequency ocular ultrasound
- Iris cyst ablation
- Phacoemulsification for cataract removal
- Suprachoroidal cyclosporine implants in horses
Meet Our Ophtho Technicians
Shari Poruba “Shortly after becoming a certified veterinary technician through the associate’s degree program at Parkland College in 1999, I joined the hospital’s ophthalmology service. I have enjoyed working alongside many clinicians and veterinary students. Cultivating relationships with our clients and community and advancing the education of future veterinarians are among my greatest accomplishments.”
Lorri Zoch “I also completed the Parkland College program to become a certified veterinary technician. I have worked in the ophthalmology service here since 2008 and enjoy teaching veterinary students about all aspects of ophthalmology.”
We Want You!
The University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine values work-life balance and collegiality. We are a friendly and interactive hospital, and we seek new colleagues who excel clinically and academically while having fun at work and building strong relationships with coworkers.
More About US
- Boarded clinicians in 16 areas of specialization
- Innovative approaches to integrated veterinary education, post-graduate veterinary education, and online learning
- Collegewide research strengths in comparative and diagnostic medicine, conservation medicine and ecosystem health, environmental health and toxicology, infectious diseases, and reproductive biology
- Part of a top-ranked public, land-grant university
- Located in a vibrant, diverse and international community that still offers Midwestern friendliness and affordability
- You will become a member of the Department of Veterinary Clinical Medicine which is currently 94 faculty strong
- ~ 50 residents and interns
- > 500 veterinary students
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Convictions are not a bar to employment. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.