Practitioner Updates

‘Take Care of Yourselves, Each Other’

longhorns

Dear Colleagues,

So, here we are, in our seventh month of the pandemic, working harder in the hospital than we have ever worked before, or trying to hold it together working at home and no real end in sight.

More than anything else I want you to know how amazing you have all been. There is no way to express the gratitude that you all deserve for all the extra time and effort that you have contributed to the profession, or the gift you are to our clients and patients.

My primary concern is that you remember to monitor your own well-be­ing and continue to take care of yourselves and each other.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I urge you to please pay attention to your nutritional needs, your need for a consistent sleep schedule, and for legislated time for refreshment and renewal.

We all require time with our families, time for some humor, and time for personal fulfillment.

Please remember that I continue to be avail­able by phone (217 -300 -3494), that I am in the hospital once a week to see people who need personal appointments and that I am willing to tackle any and all issues that are of concern to you. My admiration goes out to all of you for the incredible job you are doing. I am proud to be in the mix.

Once again, thank you.

Gail Wallis Hague, MSEd, NCC, LPC