See the Illinois Model for Yourself
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, the state’s flagship public university, is located in central Illinois about three hours south of Chicago, Ill., two hours east from Indianapolis, Ind., and about three hours north of St. Louis, Mo. The College of Veterinary Medicine offers the only DVM program in the state and has been educating veterinary students since 1948.
Our graduates enjoy employment opportunities not only in clinical settings but also in areas such as industry and government positions related to biomedical research and public health.
We invite you to come visit and explore our campus, tour our facilities, and see for yourself why the College of Veterinary Medicine at the University of Illinois is a wonderful choice for you.
Current veterinary students lead our tours, so you will have the chance to ask questions and get a first-hand account of what it takes to become a veterinarian.
About Requesting a Tour
- Tours of the college are available for those of high school age or older.
- Student-led tours are conducted over the noon hour on weekdays. All guests must make an appointment.
- Tours are not available on University holidays and during exam periods.
- Complete the request form here.
Other Ways to Explore Veterinary Medicine at Illinois
- Open House—The college’s Open House is an annual event usually held the first Sunday in October. Open House is a great opportunity to learn about the various facets of veterinary careers and study. This event is free and open to the public. Visit the Open House website.
- You may also wish to arrange for a visit from our Veterinary Student Outreach Program.
- The Wildlife Medical Clinic also offers educational visits to classrooms.