Health Innovation Professor
- PhD in Epidemiology, Department of Population Medicine, Cornell University. Minors: Applied Economics and Management, Statistics
- MS in Biosecurity and Risk Analysis, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University.
- DVM, School of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University.
- B.A. in Biology, Gustavus Adolphus College, MN. Minor: English
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Cornell University, 2011-2014
- Graduate Research Assistant, Cornell University (Advisor, Yrjö Gröhn), full-time graduate student, 2007-2011
- Graduate Research Assistant, Kansas State University (Advisor, Michael Sanderson), full-time graduate student, 2005-2007
ASSOC PROF, Biomedical & Translational Sciences, Carle-Illinois College of Medicine
ASSOC PROF, Infection Genomics for One Health, Institute for Genomic Biology
ASSOC PROF, Kinesiology & Community Health
ASSOC PROF, Women & Gender in Global Perspectives
AFFILIATE, Center for Social and Behavioral Sciences, Interdisciplinary Health Sciences Institute
ASSOC PROF, National Center for Supercomputing Applications
ASSOC PROF, Center for Digital Agriculture
- Infectious disease control
- Mathematical modeling of infectious diseases
- Model parameterization
- Optimal disease control
- Longitudinal data analysis
- One Health
- Epidemiology Seminar, PATH527, every spring
- Principles and Methods of Epidemiology, PATH517, every fall
- Introduction to Epidemiology (VetPMD 6640), Cornell University Fall 2010-2012.
- Mathematical and Epidemiological Modeling of Endemic Infectious Disease, Cornell University Summer 2011.
- Advanced Epidemiology (VetPMD 6660), Cornell University Fall 2008-2009 (TA).
- Epidemic! workshop for Expanding Your Horizons (EYH), 2008-2011.
- Vector-Borne Diseases at the Human-Animal-Environment Interface
- COVID-19 transmission and control, and the impact of human factors
- Transmission and control of water-borne pathogens and interpretation of wastewater pathogen data
- Evaluation of diagnostic tests longitudinally
- Infection genomics to understand disease transmission and antimicrobial resistance
- Presidential Medallion, University of Illinois, 2021
- Mark Gearhart Award. Association of Veterinary Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, December, 2011.
- Guild of St. Ansgar. Gustavus Adolphus College, May 2001.
- American Veterinary Medical Association, 2005-present, Member
- American Dairy Science Association, 2010-2011, Member
- Conference of Research Workers in Animal Diseases, 2012-present, Member
- United States Animal Health Association, 2014-present, Member
- Association of Veterinary Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, 2014-present, Director