Associate Professor of Epidemiology
2001 South Lincoln Avenue
Urbana, IL 61802
M/C 002Urbana, IL 61802
- PhD in Epidemiology, Department of Population Medicine, Cornell University. Minors: Applied Economics and Management, Statistics
- MS in Biosecurity and Risk Analysis, College of Veterinary Medicine, Kansas State University.
- DVM, School of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University.
- B.A. in Biology, Gustavus Adolphus College, MN. Minor: English
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, Cornell University, 2011-2014
- Graduate Research Assistant, Cornell University (Advisor, Yrjö Gröhn), full-time graduate student, 2007-2011
- Graduate Research Assistant, Kansas State University (Advisor, Michael Sanderson), full-time graduate student, 2005-2007
Other campus affiliations
Infection Genomics for One Health, Institute for Genomic Biology
- Infectious disease control
- Mathematical modeling of infectious diseases
- Model parameterization
- Dynamics of co-infection
- Economics of livestock disease
- Optimization of disease control
- Mycobacterial disease control
- Epidemiology Seminar, PATH527, every spring
- Principles and Methods of Epidemiology, PATH517, every fall
- Introduction to Epidemiology (VetPMD 6640), Cornell University Fall 2010-2012.
- Mathematical and Epidemiological Modeling of Endemic Infectious Disease, Cornell University Summer 2011.
- Advanced Epidemiology (VetPMD 6660), Cornell University Fall 2008-2009 (TA).
- Epidemic! workshop for Expanding Your Horizons (EYH), 2008-2011.
- Mathematical and Statistical Modeling of Mycobacterial Disease Control
- Vector-Borne Diseases at the Human-Animal-Environment Interface
- Optimization of Multi-Disease Agent-Based Models to Improve Infectious Disease Management
- Transmission and control of water-borne pathogens in agriculture
- Secondary analysis of data from the Midlife Women's Health Study
- Using gene expression data to improve breast cancer treatment and survival
- Infection genomics to understand disease transmission and antimicrobial resistance
Honors and Awards
- Mark Gearhart Award. Association of Veterinary Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, December, 2011.
- Guild of St. Ansgar. Gustavus Adolphus College, May 2001.
- American Veterinary Medical Association, 2005-present, Member
- American Dairy Science Association, 2010-2011, Member
- Conference of Research Workers in Animal Diseases, 2012-present, Member
- United States Animal Health Association, 2014-present, Member
- Association of Veterinary Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, 2014-present, Director