Foss, Kari Denise
Associate Professor, Beckman Instititute
Associate Professor, Neuroscience Program
BA, Biology and Biochemistry, Augustana College, Rock Island, IL
DVM, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Urbana, IL
MS, The Ohio State University College of Veterinary Medicine, Columbus, OH
- Tang, B., Foss, K., Lichtor, T., Phillips, H., Roy, E. Resection of Orthotopic Murine Brain Glioma. Neurology Neuroimmunology & Neuorinflammation. 2021;8:64-69. DOI: 10.20517/2347-8659.2020.28.
- Lampe, R., Levitin, H.A., Hecht, S., Vieson, M., Selting, K.A, Hague, D.W., Foss, K.D. Magnetic resonance imaging of central nervous system lymphoma with choroid plexus involvement in 5 dogs and 1 cat. Journal of Small Animal Practice. 2021;62:690-699. DOI: 10.1111/jsap.13324. *Top cited article for 2021-2022*
- Levitin, H.A., Foss, K.D., Zhong, L., Reinhart, J.M., Hague, D.W., Fan, T.M. Pharmacokinetics of a novel cytosine arabinoside subcutaneous protocol in dogs with meningoencephalomyelitis of unknown etiology. Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology and Therapeutics. 2021;44:696-704. DOI: 10.1111/jvp.12980.
- Gibson, A.M., Rosser, M.F., de Oliviera, C.R., Lampe, R., Pfeiff, J.M., Roady, P., Foss, K.D. Magnetic Resonance Imaging findings and antemortem cytologic diagnosis of intramedullary spinal cord ependymoma in a mixed-breed dog. Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association. 2021;259(12):1446-1451. DOI: 10.2460/javma.20.09.0541
- Foss, K.D., Seals, C.D.A, Hague, D.W., Mitek, A.E. Effectiveness of supplementary materials in teaching the veterinary neurologic examination. Journal of Veterinary Medical Education. 2021;29(4):492-499.
- Foss, K.D., Keller K.A., Kehoe, S., Sutton, B.D. Establishing an MRI-based protocol and atlas of the bearded dragon (Pogona vitticeps) brain. Frontiers in Veterinary Science. 2022. Published online 13 May 2022.
- (*+§)Graham, L.T., Vitale, S.N., Foss, K.D., Hague, D.W., Anderson, K.M., Maddox, C.W. Canine Brucellosis in Three Littermates: Case Report. Frontiers in Veterinary Science. Published online 06 October 2002. DOI: 10.3389/fvets.2022.958390
- Souza C.P. Foss, K.D., Mascarenhas, M.B., Clegg, J.L. Otitis media with effusion in two Boston terrier dogs. Veterinary Medicine and Science. 2023. Published online 01 Feb 2023. DOI:10.1002/vms3.1092
- Graham, L.T., Foss, K.D., Reinhart, J.M., Smith, K.M., Hague, D.W., Zhong, L. The pharmacokinetics of single oral dose extended-release topiramate and serum concentrations and adverse effects after multi-dose administration in healthy cats. Journal of Veterinary Pharmacology and Therapeutics, 2023. Published online 05 March 2023. DOI:10.1111/jvp.13121
- Zhang, Y. Cui, J., Chen, K., Kuo, S., Sharma, J., Bhatta, R., Liu, Z., Ellis-Mohr, A., An, F., Li, J., Chen, Q., Foss, K., Wang, H., Li Y., McCoy, A., Lau, G. A Smart Coating with Integrated Physical-Antimicrobial and Strain-Mapping Functionalities for Orthopaedic Implants. Science Advances. 2023. In print.
Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Neurology), 2015
Internship, Small Animal Medicine and Surgery, Southern California Veterinary Specialty Hospital (Blue Pearl Irvine), Irvine, CA
Residency, Neurology and Neurosurgery, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
American Veterinary Medical Association
Illinois State Veterinary Medical Association
The Society of Phi Zeta, Mu Chapter
Development and implementation of novel neuroimaging techniques in the assessment of canine intracranial diseases
American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine Charles Knecht Resident Research Award, 2013
Zoetis Distinguished Veterinary Teaching Award, 2020
VM604 Structure and Function III
VM655 Medicine and Surgery III
VCM528 Comparative Veterinary Physiology
VCM584 Current Concepts in Comparative Surgery