Get to Know

Get to Know Courtney Glazik

Courtney Glazik is the Senior Procurement Coordinator at the College of Veterinary Medicine.

When did you begin working at the College of Veterinary Medicine?
I started my affiliation with the College of Veterinary Medicine in 2013 as a student caretaker in the Large Animal Clinic. In 2017, I became a full-time employee as office support for the Agricultural Animal Care and Use Program (AACUP) through the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Innovation (OVCRI), whose office space is accommodated by the Large Animal Clinic. In July 2022, I transitioned into the role of Senior Procurement Coordinator for the College of Veterinary Medicine Business Service Center.

Describe your role at the college.
I attempt to serve as the main procurement resource person for the College of Veterinary Medicine. My goal is to advise faculty and staff on the applicable policies and procedures related to procurement. I submit requests for purchase orders, work with vendor representatives on various concerns, and maintain standing purchase orders along with associated contracts.   

What is your favorite part of your job?
Primarily the relationships that are built, whether it is with individuals at the University of Illinois or with the representatives of another company. 

Complete this sentence: My most memorable days at work are…
when challenging purchase orders/contracts are approved and finalized! Other memorable days would include interacting with the beloved teaching animals and being able to observe the tremendous work that the veterinary staff does for the clients/animals.  

What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
In the minimal time available, I enjoy going on walks/hikes with my dog, baking, scrapbooking, and gardening/maintaining the landscape at my house.  

What is something your co-workers may be surprised to know about you?
My husband and I have an entrepreneurial spirit. Outside of work, I can either be found shuffling farm equipment or managing the bookkeeping for the distillery (Silver Tree Beer and Spirits). 

What is one thing on your bucket list?
I would like to plan a trip to Europe and/or New Zealand at some point. However, I have various building and remodeling aspirations that I wish to achieve prior. 

Do you have a favorite restaurant or place in the Champaign/Urbana area?
Biaggi’s or Riggs Beer Company are usually my preferred choices, but I’m always game for trying new places! If traveling north of Champaign/Urbana, I recommend going to Artesia Brewing outside of Thawville or the Horsch Radish in Gibson City.

Aside from necessities, what one thing could you not go a day without?
I cannot go without a V8 Energy drink (preferably the Pomegranate Blueberry flavor). 

Do you have any pets?
We have a Border Collie/Australian Shepherd mix named Mosin. Our barn/property is occupied by eight cats named TweedleDum, Patter, Uno, Millie, Mario, Peach, Whiskey, and Rye. We also have two chickens that enjoy free-ranging the property.  

Mosin
TweddleDum and Uno