Get to Know

Get to Know Clarissa Leman

Clarissa Leman

Clarissa Leman, Assistant Director of the iLearning Center, joined the College of Veterinary Medicine in June 2022.

When did you begin working at the College of Veterinary Medicine?
I joined the College of Veterinary Medicine in June 2022.

Describe your role at the college.
I am the Assistant Director of the iLearning Center. I work closely with our advisors to oversee the admissions, advising, programmatic elements, and administrative tasks of our degree and non-degree programs to ensure our students have a positive experience while successfully completing their time at Illinois.

Have you held any previous titles or responsibilities at the College?
I started at the iLearning Center as a Student & Academic Success Specialist in a more student-facing role, and just recently took on a larger role in oversight of our Master’s degree and certificate programs.

What is your favorite part of your job?
I really enjoy getting to know our students! They are lifelong learners with a diverse set of experiences and skills in the livestock production industry. Getting to know them has not only helped me learn more about the industry, but also see how bringing different viewpoints to the same table can create valuable discussions within a global network of rising leaders.

Complete this sentence: My most memorable day at work was…
…my first day. I was able to get an extensive tour of the hospital, and it opened my eyes to all the great things going on south of Kirby Avenue!

What is something your co-workers may be surprised to know about you?
I used to sing back-up vocals for a local band.

What is one thing on your bucket list?
I have a few travel destinations on my list, but next up would be Iceland.

Do you have a favorite restaurant or place in the Champaign/Urbana area?
Nothing beats a pancake stack and bottomless cup of coffee from Original Pancake House.

Do you have any pets?
Not right now, unless the array of plants in my home counts!