Join a team that is supported by dedicated and seasoned academic professionals as well as technicians and assistants.
About the Anatomic Pathology Service
- Processed approximately 11,000 biopsies and 1,400 necropsies in 2021
- Full-service necropsy suite with multiple biosafety cabinets, a gross photography station, and a MacroPATH digital imaging system
- Full-service histology laboratory with a large library of histochemical and immunohistochemical stains
- Five anatomic pathologists in Urbana enjoy close communication and collaboration with five clinical pathologists in Urbana and five zoological anatomic pathologists in Chicago
- Five anatomic pathology residents in Urbana trained via small group/classroom learning and continual interaction in surgical biopsy and necropsy settings
- Four ASCP-certified histotechnologists with advanced training in histochemical and immunohistochemical techniques
- Dedicated and seasoned team of lab technicians and assistants
We Want You!
The University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine values work-life balance and collegiality. We seek new colleagues who excel clinically and academically while having fun at work and building strong relationships with coworkers.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO. The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Convictions are not a bar to employment. The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.