This opportunity is now closed
Position Requirements and Qualifications
- Required: Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in writing, communications, digital media or similar fields
- Required: One year professional writing and project management experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Required: Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Preferred: Knowledge of WordPress and html, css, and xml. Proficiency with Adobe Creative suite of software and digital media tools. Knowledge of or interest in medicine, science, veterinary medicine, and/or love of animals. Knowledge of the University of Illinois or higher education, including the UIUC Public Affairs Webtools application, is helpful but not necessary.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide communications and marketing support, including website content development and management, social media, project management, event promotion, media relations, e-newsletters, or other needs of the college (50%)
- Must utilize sound judgment and understanding regarding sensitivities about images and text at all times
- May post media stories, as determined appropriate by the Director or Associate Director (20%)
- Update information on college (WordPress) website (15%)
- Other duties related to communications project management, writing news stories, website improvement and media relations (15%)
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Convictions are not a bar to employment. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.