This opportunity is now closed
Join our creative and fun communications and marketing team in the Office of Public Engagement!
Primary Position Function:
You will work closely with the communications and marketing team in the Office of Public Engagement to assist with marketing and communications efforts for internal and external audiences.
Position Requirements and Qualifications
- Required: Bachelor’s degree
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in writing, communications, digital media or similar fields
- Required: One year professional writing and project management experience
Knowledge and Skills:
- Required: Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Preferred: Knowledge of WordPress and html, css, and xml. Proficiency with Adobe Creative suite of software and digital media tools. Knowledge of or interest in medicine, science, veterinary medicine, and/or love of animals. Knowledge of the University of Illinois or higher education, including the UIUC Public Affairs Webtools application, is helpful but not necessary.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide communications and marketing support, including website content development and management, social media, project management, event promotion, media relations, e-newsletters, or other needs of the college (50%)
- Must utilize sound judgment and understanding regarding sensitivities about images and text at all times
- May post media stories, as determined appropriate by the Director or Associate Director (20%)
- Update information on college (WordPress) website (15%)
- Other duties related to communications project management, writing news stories, website improvement and media relations (15%)
- This position is eligible to work up to 40 hours per week, starting immediately. A flexible work schedule, including reduced hours, could be arranged for the right person. The position is anticipated to continue at least through May 2022.
Extra Help Positions:
- Extra Help employees are appointed to fulfill casual or emergent needs within units. The amount of time for which services are needed is not usually predictable and payment for work performed is on an hourly basis and based on actual hours worked. Hourly rate is based on skill level and experience. Extra Help employees do not receive holiday pay or paid sick or vacation leave.
Download the job description PDF.
For Questions or To Apply:
Email your resume and cover letter to: Christine Beuoy (firstname.lastname@example.org) & Dijon Davis (Dijond@illinois.edu)
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Convictions are not a bar to employment. Other pre-employment assessments may be required, depending on the classification of Civil Service employment.
As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.