Get to Know

Get to Know Dijon Davis

Dijon has worked for the College of Veterinary Medicine since December of 2018 as the Associate Director of Marketing.

Dijon works as the Associate Director of Marketing and has been with the College of Veterinary Medicine since December of 2018. 

Can you give us a description of your role at the college?

I develop and implement marketing ideas and strategies to help tell the story of the College of Veterinary Medicine.  So, if you have any good stories come see me!

What is your favorite part of your job?

Learning all of the different ways faculty, staff, and students work tirelessly to advance the College and excel at their specialties, and then determining new and different ways to communicate those stories! I think every week since I’ve started here I have said, Wow, that is amazing at least once!

Tell us about your most memorable day at work!

Road tripping with Dr. Whittington and team to Medical District Veterinary Clinic.  There is no better way to get to know the people you work with than spending 4 hours in a car with them!  It was a wonderful adventure.

What would your coworkers be surprised to learn about your life outside of work?

I am a world-class Northern Pike fisherman. (Not really, it’s just my favorite fish to catch.) I could spend an entire day kayaking or canoeing around the lake in Minnesota where we have a family cabin! Fresh air, northern pines, cool lake, loons calling – nothing better!

Do you have any pets?

Yes, we have an 8-year-old German Shorthair Pointer, We also foster for the Illinois Shorthair Rescue.