Class of 2025
All books are recommended unless they specifically state, “REQUIRED”.
Readings and dissection activities will be explicitly assigned from REQUIRED texts. Consequently, please get the Fourth or Fifth edition of Dyce et al. Textbook of Veterinary Anatomy. For dissections, there is a new 8th edition of Guide to the Dissection of the Dog by Evans and de Lahunta. Some students have found the e-version preferable because pages can be printed for lab, preserving the condition of the physical book. Faculty have no preference.
The recommended texts are STRONGLY recommended, although will not be used in class. Consequently, either the most recent, or next-most recent, editions will be fine. Again, paper or e-version makes no difference.
- Guide to Dissection of the Dog, 8th ed, (Evans & DeLahunta) Saunders Elsevier (REQUIRED)
- Guide to the Dissection of the Horse and Ruminant, 3rd Ed, Clark (Required) – Bluedoor
- Textbook of Veterinary Anatomy, 5th edition, (Dyce et al.) (Optional)
The rest of the books on this list are highly recommended:
- Anatomy of Domestic Animals (Pasquini et al.) Sudz Publishing
- Miller’s Anatomy of the Dog (Evans and de Lahunta)
- Bovine Anatomy: An Illustrated Text, Second Edition (Vet (Schlutersche)) [Hardcover] by Klaus Dieter Budras, Robert E. Habel, Christoph K. W. Mülling, Paul R. Greenough, Gisela Jahrmärker, Renate Richter, Diemut Starke Publication Date: August 15, 2011 | ISBN-10: 3899930525 | ISBN-13: 978-3899930528 | Edition: 2
- Anatomy of the Horse, Sixth Edition [Hardcover] by Klaus Dieter Budras, W. O. Sack, Sabine Rock, Aaron Horowitz, Rolf Berg Publication Date: March 1, 2012 | ISBN-10: 3899936663 | ISBN-13: 978-3899936667 | Edition: 6
- “The Color Atlas of Veterinary Histology, 3ed (Bacha & Bacha)” Wiley-Blackwell
- Textbook of Veterinary Physiology (Cunningham & Klein) Saunders Elsevier
- Physiology (Costanzo) Saunders Elsevier
- Pathways to Pregnancy and Parturition by P. L. Senger
If you have questions, please contact Dr. Mahoney at email@example.com.