We are so happy you will be participating in Interview Day at the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine. We know this is a very important event in your life.
PREPARING FOR YOUR INTERVIEW
Interview day schedule
|8:00 am – 5:00 pm||Interviews|
|9:00 am – 10:00 am||Information Session with Dr. Jonathan H. Foreman, Associate Dean for Academic and Student Affairs.
This session is identical to the Information Session held at 12:00 pm.
|12:00 pm – 1:00 pm||Information Session with Dr. Jonathan H. Foreman, Associate Dean for Academic and Student Affairs.
This session is identical to the Information Session held at 9:00 am.
What to Expect
The interview is used to discover whether an applicant for admission exhibits behavioral factors that may predict future success as a veterinarian.
The written applications provide material for assessing many factors that might predict success, and the interview is used to assess the following factors that are likely predictors of competencies related to a successful veterinary career.
- Builds relationships
- Establishes a connection with others by demonstrating interest in their concerns, seeking their input, and valuing their perspectives
- Acts in an authentic and genuine manner with others
- Makes others feel comfortable when interacting with them
- Develops a network of colleagues to exchange ideas and build support
- Acts autonomously and confidently
- Drives for results
- Demonstrates integrity
- Pursues professional development
- Demonstrates adaptability and resilience
- Communicates effectively