Basic cardiology services are provided by specialists in internal medicine, critical care, and diagnostic imaging who have additional training in echocardiography (cardiac ultrasounds).
- Diagnosis and treatment of heart failure, including critical care
- Diagnosis and treatment of arrhythmia
- Basic echocardiography for evaluation of valvular, myocardial, and pericardial disorders
- Diagnosis and treatment of hypertension
- Management of acquired heart disease
- Surgical treatment of patent ductus arteriosus (PDA)