This week, Brina and Katy extracted DNA from an oral/cloacal swab and whole blood sample we took from a turtle during turtle team in May. It was tested for Ranavirus using qPCR, and sadly Ranavirus was detected in both samples. This could indicate an outbreak, so turtle team headed back out to the outbreak site to search for more turtles, by hand. We only found one more turtle throughout the week, a big female we named “Rose.” It is hard to find turtles at this particular site because Ranavirus has already taken a toll on the population, along with invasive plant species making it hard to see. She was swabbed and blood was collected, and Ranavirus was also detected from both her samples.