EMERGING AND FOREIGN DISEASES OF SWINE
December 4, 2021
Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile Hotel
540 North Michigan Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611
The North American PRRS Symposium was initiated in November 2003 as the “International Workshop on PRRS”. The conference continues to focus on the latest knowledge and novel tools for the control of PRRS, one of the most costly viral diseases to ever face a global swine industry. In recent years, the emergence of new swine viruses, including the PEDV and ASFV, has expended the topics of this symposium to emerging and foreign swine diseases. The symposium has integrated with NC229, which provides the means to deliver a much larger and more comprehensive meeting experience.
This very successful meeting is attended by an internationally recognized group of scientists, researchers, industry and academic professionals and students.
This year’s event will be scheduled in connection with the Conference of Research Workers in Animal Diseases (CRWAD).
Schedule – December 4, 2021
Additional information will be provided as it is finalized. All times are in central time.
- 6:45 – 8:15 am – Breakfast Special Session (Sponsored by Zoetis)
- 8:15 – 8:20 am – Opening Remarks
- 8:20 – 9:35 am – Plenary Session 1
- 9:35 – 10:00 am – Break
- 10:00 – 11:30 am – Plenary Session 2
- 11:30 am – 1:00 pm – Lunch Break
- 1:00 – 2:30 pm – Plenary Session 3
- 2:30 – 3:00 pm – Break
- 3:00 – 4:00 pm – Plenary Session 4
- 4:00 – 5:00 pm – NC229 Business Meeting
- 6:00 – 8:00 pm – Reception Featuring Poster Presentations
Payment must be provided at the time of registration to guarantee enrollment. Early registration is recommended.
- Pre-Registration (On or before November 30, 2021): $100
- Onsite Registration: $150
Continuing education credit is available for veterinarians.
Full refunds, less a 10 percent cancellation fee, will be given if written notification is received by Tuesday, November 30, 2021. Written cancellation should be sent to email@example.com. Registrations are transferable. After November 30, 2021, refunds will not be made. We reserve the right to cancel sessions and to change speakers if necessary. In the event of a conference cancellation, all registrants will receive a full refund. The University is not responsible for travel expenses in the event of a cancellation or date change.
Please note: registrations for the CRWAD should be submitted separately though the CRWAD website.
Attendees are responsible for making their own hotel reservations prior to November 10. Hotel rooms are available for the NA PRRS Symposium through the CRWAD website.
Abstract Submission Deadlines:
- July 15, 2021: Early Abstract Submission Deadline
- September 15, 2021: Extended Deadlines for Abstract Submission
- October 22, 2021: Late-Breaking Abstract Submission Deadline (Poster Only)
Please note: Abstract submissions for the CRWAD should be submitted separately though the CRWAD website.
Travel Fellowship Application
Travel fellowships are provided to aid graduate students and postdoctoral fellows in presenting their experimental results at the symposium.
The awarded funds are determined by the NA PRRSS Travel Fellowship Awards Selection Committee and are given in the form of a reimbursement check (or wire transfer for international recipients) for allowable expenses up to the award amount. Awardees will be notified by October 1, 2021.
Application Deadline: July 15, 2021
Please note: Awards for the CRWAD should be submitted separately though the CRWAD website.
The University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine now makes it easier to hire for or find jobs in alignment with the NA PRRS Symposium through the college Job Board.
Those hiring can select “NA PRRS” for the job category allowing those seeking a job to be able to filter for that designation.
NA PRRSS/NC229 Advisor:
- Dr. Raymond (Bob) R. R. Rowland, University of Illinois
- Executive Director, NA PRRSS – Dr. Ying Fang, University of Illinois
- Industry Liaison – Dr. Lisa Becton, National Pork Board
- NA PRRSS Internal Coordinators and Proceedings Editors – Kristen Eighner and Crystal Zulauf, University of Illinois
Joint Scientific Committee:
Co-Chairs, Joint Scientific Committee:
- Dr. Ying Fang, University of Illinois
- Dr. Sheela Ramamoorthy, North Dakota State University
- Dr. Diego G. Diel, Cornell University
- Dr. Scott Kenney, The Ohio State University
- Dr. Pablo Pineyro, Iowa State University
- Dr. Roman Pogranichniy, Kansas State University
- Dr. Hiep Vu, University of Nebraska
- Dr. Zhengguo Xiao, University of Maryland
Questions, email the Office of Public Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 217-333-2907.