2022 NAPRRS/NC229: International Conference of Swine Viral Diseases
December 2-4, 2022
Chicago, IL, United States
The North American PRRS Symposium was formed in 2003 as a format to annually bring together the members of the swine disease community, including researchers, industry professionals, and field practitioners. At that time, PRRS was considered the prime example of the challenges faced by global swine industry. In recent years, the emergence and spread of new swine viruses, such as PEDV and ASFV, has expanded the focus to include emerging and transboundary swine diseases. Integration with the USDA NC229 multi-state project on swine diseases provides the means to deliver a much larger and more comprehensive meeting experience. Our 2022 meeting will be expanded into a 3-day international conference with emphasis of translational research.
The executive directorship, scientific committee, and conference staff hope that the NAPRRS/NC229 ICSVD will provide all attendees with an informative and scientifically rewarding experience.
We look forward to meeting you in Chicago!
– Ying Fang, Roman Pogranichniy, and NAPRRS/NC229 ICSVD Organizing Committee
All times are in central time and subject to change.
Friday, December 2, 2022
11:00 am – 5:00 pm: Symposium Check-In/Onsite Registration
1:00 – 5:00 pm: Plenary Educational Sessions
5:00 – 6:00 pm: NA PRRS/NC229 Organizing Committee Meeting
Saturday, December 3, 2022
7:00 am – 5:00 pm: Symposium Check-In/Onsite Registration
8:00 am – 5:00 pm: Plenary Educational Sessions
6:00 – 8:00 pm – Poster Session and Reception
Sunday, December 4, 2022
6:30 – 9:00 am: Symposium Check-In/Onsite Registration
8:00 am – 12:00 pm: Plenary Educational Sessions
Registration pricing will be announced as soon as possible. Payment must be provided at the time of registration to guarantee enrollment. Early registration is recommended.
- Early Registration (On or before Friday, July 22, 2022)
- Late Registration (Saturday, July 23 – Friday, November 18, 2022)
- Onsite Registration
Continuing education is available for veterinarians. Continuing education will be granted for in-person sessions only.
Full refunds, less a 10 percent cancellation fee, will be given if written notification is received by Friday, November 18, 2022. Written cancellation should be sent to email@example.com. Registrations are transferable. After November 18, 2022, refunds will not be made. We reserve the right to cancel sessions and to change speakers if necessary. In the event of a conference cancellation, all registrants will receive a full refund. The University is not responsible for travel expenses in the event of a cancellation or date change.
Attendees are responsible for making their own hotel reservations. Hotel block information will be announced as soon as possible.
Abstract Submission Deadlines:
- Friday, July 22, 2022: Early Abstract Submission Deadline
- Friday, September 30, 2022: Extended Deadlines for Abstract Submission
- Friday, October 21, 2022: Late-Breaking Abstract Submission Deadline (Poster Only)
Travel Fellowship Application
Travel fellowships are provided to aid graduate students and postdoctoral fellows in presenting their experimental results at the symposium.
The awarded funds are determined by the NA PRRSS Travel Fellowship Awards Selection Committee and are given in the form of a reimbursement check (or wire transfer for international recipients) for allowable expenses up to the award amount. Awardees will be notified by October 1, 2022.
Application Deadline: Friday, July 22, 2022
The University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine now makes it easier to hire for or find jobs in alignment with the NA PRRS Symposium through the college Job Board.
Those hiring can select “NA PRRS” for the job category allowing those seeking a job to be able to filter for that designation.
The NA PRRS Symposium will adhere to state of Illinois guidelines outlined by local health authorities and the host hotel. We will continue to monitor municipality, hotel, and CDC recommendations and make changes as needed.
NA PRRSS/NC229 Advisor:
- Dr. Raymond (Bob) R. R. Rowland, University of Illinois
- Executive Director, NA PRRSS – Dr. Ying Fang, University of Illinois
- NA PRRSS Internal Coordinators – Kristen Eighner and Crystal Zulauf, University of Illinois
- Dr. Jose Angulo, Zoetis
- Dr. Jay Calvert, Zoetis
- Dr. Joseph F. Connor, Carthage Veterinary Service, Ltd
- Dr. Megan Niederwerder, Swine Health Information Center
- Dr. Paul Sundberg, Swine Health Information Center
Joint Scientific Committee:
Co-Chairs, Joint Scientific Committee:
- Dr. Ying Fang, University of Illinois
- Dr. Roman Pogranichniy, Kansas State University
- Dr. Andreia Arruda, The Ohio State University
- Dr. Diego G. Diel, Cornell University
- Dr. Scott Kenney, The Ohio State University
- Dr. Pablo Pineyro, Iowa State University
- Dr. Hiep Vu, University of Nebraska
- Dr. Zhengguo Xiao, University of Maryland
Questions, email the Office of Public Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 217-333-2907.