This month, test your wildlife knowledge. Have fun! Download the crossword here. The answers are linked below.
3. This type of animal is a hind-gut fermenter and eats
primarily grasses in the wild
6. Which of our ambassador animals is one of the only
sexually dimorphic (males and females look
different) species of raptor?
7. Which of our ambassador animals represents a
species from Australia?
9. Which species is commonly used as the bald eagle
call in movies?
1. What species does not get its iconic white plumage
on its head until five years of age?
2. Which species is known for its colorful stripe down
its body and acts as great rodent control?
3. Which type of animal is colloquially referred to as a
“trash panda” and uses its hands routinely?
4. What species is known for the hinge on their shell
that allows them to completely enclose themselves
for protection from predators?
5. This species is one of the most common orphans we
see in the clinic
8. This type of animal has asymmetric ears (in
different places on either side of the head) and is the
only animal we can release with only one eye
Download the answers here.