A few of our volunteers have a passion for baking (lucky us!). Here is one of their tried and true recipes for you to enjoy. We recommend cutting these into pumpkins, leaves, and bat shapes to welcome in the fall season!
Time: 45 minutes
Yield: about 6 dozen of 2 “cookies
- 1 cup Unsalted butter
- 1 large Egg room temperature
- ½ cup Granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla paste
- ½ tsp. Almond extract
- 3 cups All-purpose Flour sifted
- ½ tsp. Baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- Cream butter and sugar with a paddle attachment until creamy. About 3 minutes. Add flavoring, egg and mix for 10 seconds.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients little at a time. Mix for a couple minutes until the dough is uniform.
- Transfer dough to your counter and knead if needed.
- Roll dough into a ball, flatten it up and wrap with plastic.
- Let it chill for 10 minutes in the fridge before rolling it out.
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Choose your cookie cutters and roll dough to 1/16” thick.
- Place cut cookies on a lined sheet pan and bake for 7 to 10 minutes. Let cookies cool down.
- Decorate as you wish!
–Butter Cream –Chef Daniela de Oliveira
Yield: 2 cups
- 1 cups Unsalted butter
- 1 tsp. Vanilla paste or extract
- 3 cups Powdered sugar
- 1 -2 tbsp. Heavy Cream
1.In a bowl of a standing mixer cream butter and sugar. Add the vanilla and cream as needed for desired texture.
2.Use different food coloring to make different colors with your buttercream.
3.Spread or pipe over you cooled cookies as desired.