Deadline for Fall 2024:
May 15th, 2024
You can start your application at any time and submit when you have all your required materials.
Ready to Apply? It’s Simple.
Graduate College Application
Complete your Graduate College application.
You can start your application at any time and submit it when you have all your required materials.
Select your program as “Veterinary Science”, degree “Master of Veterinary Science (online-MVS) or Livestock Systems Health –MVS”
A bachelor’s degree is required. The recommended GPA for admission is a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (or equivalent), however, we do review applications holistically and consider work experience, positive references, and a strong personal statement as indicators of future success as well. For the application review process, applicants do not need to submit official academic credentials, unofficial or scanned credentials are acceptable. If admitted, however, you will be required to submit official academic credentials.
- If you are currently completing your undergraduate degree at the time of application, we will review your application based off the unofficial transcripts you have uploaded.
Your professional resume should include personal information (name, address, telephone number, and email address), educational background, work experience (start and end dates for each position and a brief description of responsibilities), internship experience, educational training, professional associations, and leadership experiences. Technical resumes are not required. Please limit your resume to 2 pages.
Academic Statement of Purpose
In 500-1,000 words:
- describe your professional experience
- educational background
- career goals
- what you hope to learn in this program/how it will help you achieve your goals.
- Three professional references (name and contact information)
- Recommendations should be provided by employers, supervisors, professors, or others who can comment on your professional and educational goals and potential (no friends or relatives, please).
- Letter of Recommendation letters will be requested by the Graduate College upon submission of your application. Please inform your references that letters are due within two weeks of your submission for full consideration.
- Recommendation letters (1-2 pages) should specifically address your ability to succeed in your proposed academic program and discuss any experience that may have prepared you to succeed in the program.
Test of English as a Foreign Language
All international degree-seeking applicants are required to submit the results of an accepted test as evidence of English proficiency unless they qualify for an exemption.
Applicants who meet one of the following criteria are exempt from the English proficiency requirement for admission:
- Received a post-secondary degree from a U.S. institution (or an institution within an approved country) within five years of the proposed admission term.
- Completion of at least two years of post-secondary study in the U.S. (or an approved country) within five years of the proposed term of initial enrollment.
- Completion of at least two years of professional work experience in the U.S. (or an approved country) within five years of the proposed term of initial enrollment.
Please see the Graduate College English proficiency exemption policy to learn more about English proficiency testing requirements including scores and accepted tests: Graduate College English Proficiency Requirements for Admission
Once you have submitted your application, you will be required to pay your application fee by credit card. The fee must be paid prior to your program’s deadline, or your application will be unsubmitted. The fee is non-refundable, and your application cannot be reviewed until the application fee has been processed.
The application fee amount is determined by your citizenship and/or visa status.
Domestic applicants are required to submit a $70.00 application fee.
International applicants are required to submit a $90.00 application fee.
Please see the Graduate College for information on application fee waivers: Graduate College Application Fee