Welcome to the Botanical Estrogen Research Center
Institutions & Collaborations
Organization of the P50 Botanical Estrogens Research Center
Institutions involved with the Botanical Estrogens Research Center
(University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign)
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- National Center for Toxicological Research (NCTR)
- University of Mississippi
- Oregon State University
- University of Missouri
Botanical Estrogens Research Center's Pilot Grants
- Provide funding to promising investigators with research interests related to the BRC
- Generate preliminary data in support of new R01 applications that would synergize with the established Projects and Cores within the Center.
Two Pilot Grants Awarded
Dr. Hong Chen, Food Science and Human Nutrition, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
"Genistein Regulation of Colon Cancer Metastasis"
Dr. Paul Hergenrother, Chemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
"The Growth-Stimulating and –Inhibiting Effects of Botanicals on 12 Distinct Breast Cancer Subtypes"
Administrative Supplement for Collaborative Research Projects between the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and the University of Missouri at Columbia NIH Botanical Research Centers
- Utilize the complementary strengths and research capabilities at the Botanical Research Centers (BRC) at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC) and University of Missouri (MU)
- To facilitate a deeper investigation and characterization the estrogenic activities of wild yams.