Residency and Internship Programs
From anesthesiology to zoo pathology, internships and residencies at the College of Veterinary Medicine engage students in real-world health issues, linking biomedical research with practical applications to improve lives.
The people, programs, and facilities at Illinois provide a fertile environment for individuals seeking to develop research and case management skills in a particular area. Most residency programs involve students with the day-today activity of the college’s Veterinary Teaching Hospital or Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory.
Clinical Residency Programs
The links will take you to the respective departmental page with information on these residencies.
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Emergency and Critical Care (Small Animal)
- Equine Internal Medicine
- Equine Surgery
- Rural Animal Health Management
- Small Animal Internal Medicine
- Small Animal Surgery
- Zoological Companion Animal Residency Program
- Zoological and Aquatic Animal Medicine
- Small animal internships involve a rotation of duty in most of the following areas: anesthesiology, cardiology, dermatology, emergency and critical care, oncology, ophthalmology, medicine, radiology/imaging, and surgery.
- Large animal internships are available in the Equine Medicine and Surgery section and the Rural Animal Health Management section.