After receiving a B.S. in Bioinformatics from the COMSATS University, Pakistan in 2009, Zeeshan received his M.S. in Bioinformatics from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2012 and Ph.D. in Animal Sciences from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2017. He joined the Departmentent of Comparative Bioisciences, Veterinary School of Medicine, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in June 2018 after working as a postdoctroal scholar at Stanford School of Medicine at Stanford University in 2017-2018.
- PhD (Animal Sciences); University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC)
- M.S. (Bioinformatics); University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC)
- B.S. (Bioinformatics); Department of Biosciences, COMSATS University, Islamabad
Honors and Awards
- NASA Group Achievement Award 2018 for conducting the first CubeSat biological experiment to study microgravity-induced antibiotic resistance on bacteria in support of long-term space missions.
- Department of Animal Sciences Graduate Fellowship Award May 2017: Department of Animal Sciences and the Graduate College In recognition for the exemplary representation of the Department of Animal Sciences by graduate students at scientific meetings.
- Two years’ fellowship from Govt. Pakistan to pursue Master of Science degree at UIUC, 2010.
- Institute Bronze medal for B.S. Bioinformatics 2009 •