The 2023 MNID will be held at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign on Friday, August 11, and Saturday, August 12.
MNID is the only regional meeting focused on parasitic and fungal infections.
This is an excellent opportunity for the Midwest parasitology and mycology community to meet in a relatively small group setting, learn from each other, and foster collaborations. It is a fantastic platform for trainees to present their research findings, interact, and network.
A total of 20 talks and 2 poster sessions are planned.
Registration and abstract information
Registration is free but required. Please use this link to submit your abstract:
The deadline for submitting abstracts for talks has been extended to June 9, 2023.
- Prepare your abstract in a document (Word, Google Doc, or PDF format).
- Include the abstract’s title and names of all authors with their affiliations.
- Underline the presenter’s name.
- Please keep the body of the abstract to 200 words or less.
Meeting dates and location
- Start: 11 am on Friday, August 11: Includes lunch through dinner
- End: 1:00 pm on Saturday, August 12
The meeting will take place in the Heritage Hall at the I-Hotel and Conference Center, 1900 S First Street, Champaign, Ill.
2023 MNID Steering Committee
- Kasturi Haldar, University of Notre Dame
- Felipe H. Santiago, University of Notre Dame
- Vern Carruthers, University of Michigan
- Michal Olszewski, University of Michigan
- Teresa O’Meara, University of Michigan
- Laura Knoll, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- Caroline Ng, University of Nebraska
- Josh Beck, Iowa State University
- Bin He, University of Iowa
- Christine Petersen, University of Iowa
- Matt Anderson, The Ohio State University
- Som Nanjappa, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign
- Noelia Lander, University of Cincinnati
- Nathan Schmidt, Indiana University
- Americo Lopex-Yglesia, Indiana University
- Tamara Doering, Washington University
- Chad Rappleye, The Ohio State University
- Sumiti Vinayak Alam, University of Illinois Urbana Champaign
- Sumiti Vinayak Alam (Lead-organizer), UIUC, e-mail: email@example.com
- Chad Rappleye (Co-organizer), The Ohio State University