The requisition/interface function within Vetstar allows requested diagnostic tests to flow directly to the diagnostic lab information system, VADDS. When resulted, the data flows back to Vetstar and is permanently stored in the patients Vetstar record and is available for sending via the SEND function.
1. From the Vetstar home screen type the quick command req in the command line and enter. The Lab Requisitions Review Screen will appear. You can also access the Lab Requisitions Review Screen from the Charges Screen by selecting Lab Reqs on the right side of the screen.
2. To add a new requisition, select the New this Patient button.
3. The contact clinician box will pop up. The lab will contact the coordinating clinician you enter with the lab results once they are finalized.
4. You may open a window (F4) and search for the clinician or type the name directly in the name box. (It is best to enter their last name.)
5. The Procedure List will appear.
6. Chose the appropriate procedure list (Clinical Pathology. Immunology, Microbiology, Sensi, Necropsies, etc.), by clicking directly on the list name.
7. A list of tests available will display, you may scroll using the mouse, or use the page up and page down buttons.
8. To view more information on a test, arrow down to the procedure and click on the Information button on the right side of the screen.
9. To select a test select the U box to put a check next to the test.
10. Ensure that you have selected the correct tests. If you have made a mistake you may still cancel the request without the charges posting to the account, and without the request being sent to the lab by clicking on the button.
11. When all desired tests have been selected, click the Verify button.
12. This will bring you to a screen to complete a form with various question regarding your test request. You can click on the lines to the right of the data entry fields and type your notes as shown above beside Cause of Death.
13. A Patient History is also required. Select Pat History from the right selection bar and an editor will appear for you to type in notes, as shown below.
14. This brings you back to the Lab Requisitions Review screen.
15. At this point you can enter another test request or you can submit
16. To submit the requisition(s):
For one test:
To submit multiple tests select Batch Items:
Where to find results: