Adding a New Client
Note: Fields in red are required.
Select the Add Client [Please search first] button and the Account Number will auto fill.
- Fill out the Client information.
- Tip: Be sure to tab through the field.
- Client Name: ALWAYS enter it as lastname, firstname, middle initial (Smith, John N) OR Company Name if applicable.
- Address 1 & 2: Do not use any punctuation (Use PO not P.O.)
- Zip: Enter the zip code and the city/state will auto populate
- Email: Always enter an email if the customer has one. If the owner does not have an email enter “none” in the field
- Primary Phone: This will be the cell phone most of the time.
- Work Phone:
- Land Line:
- Alternate Phone:
- Salutation: You can select from the drop down or can press Enter and type the salutation and Enter to select
- Status: You can select from the drop down or can press Enter and type the status and Enter to select (If the owner does not have a status, leave the line blank.)
- Client Type: Default is owner. You can also select from the drop down or can press Enter and type the client type and Enter to select .
- Credit Card: Enter the card number the owner would like on file
- Exp: Enter the expiration date
- Discount %: Default is blank/no discount
- Social Security #:
- Drivers License: Enter the expiration date
- Account Type: Default is Normal. You can can select from the drop down or can press Enter and type the Account Type and Enter to select.
- Date of Birth: Clients date of birth
- Enter any Alternate name and Type that the owner may use. Select New Alternate Name if there are multiples.
- Once finished you may Submit which saves the client and takes you back to the previous screen. If you need to add a patient select Submit & Add Patient to go to a patient addition screen.
- Fields in red are required.
- Be sure to tab through the field versus using enter.
1.Begin by entering the patient name then complete the rest of the patient information entry. (VERIFY proper spelling)
- Important: Verify Proper spelling of the patient name. If you make a mistake you cannot fix it and must email medical records. (email@example.com)
2. Lookup of Breed, Color or Sex: You can press enter when on these fields, type 3 or more characters and press enter and you will have selection box
3. Patient Age Years, Patient Age Months, Patient Age Weeks, Patient Age Days
- If the actual birth is not known but the owner says 4 1/2 years, you can type 4 in the Patient Age Years field and 6 in the Patient Age Months and tab to the Patient birth and it will calculate and auto fill back 4 1/2 years from today's date.
- If known you can just enter the birth date YYYY-MM-DD (Example: January 1st, 2019 would be entered as 2019-01-01)
4. MR#: Enter the medical record number using the list of available medical record numbers. Do not use spaces or dashes ex:123456
5. Referring Vet(rDVM): Use the blue magnifying glass to lookup a partial name and display additional information such as address to further verify the correct rDVM.
- Important: It is very important to pick the correct rDVM or records will be sent to the wrong rDVM.
- You will NOT, come back to this screen to update rDVM information. That should be done on the registration screen OR contact Medical Records with the update.
Note: While the remaining fields are not required, always complete as much as possible. Chip #:
8. Insurance Company:
9. Policy #:
11. Alerts: Enter the alert verbiage. Select New Alert Row to add additional alerts.
- Alerts: Use alerts to communicate information about the patient. For example: patient bites, aggressive dog, etc.
- Do not use alerts for important information regarding the patient or owner that should be updated within their records.
12. Alias: this may be used if the registered name of the pet differs from the commonly used name. For example: Itsy Bitsy is registered name but the patient is called Bitsy.
13. Submit your changes:
- Submit to save
- Submit & Add Patient if another patient needs to be entered.
- Submit & Register if the patient is here and ready for registration
Adding a Patient via the Patient Dashboard
- From the Patient Information Box select the drop down.
- Select Add Patient and enter the patient info. (Refer to the steps above as needed.)