Echo360 Live Session - Classroom Procedure
This document outlines the steps that need to be taken at the start of class when didactic lectures are given using Echo360 Live Session.
- Ensure computer is on and logged in as Kiosk. Otherwise restart PC to autologin as kiosk (takes about 20 - 30 seconds).
- Ensure presentation materials are ready on USB drive or on Cloud storage such as Box (https://uofi.app.box.com/)
- Instructor logs into Echo360 Live session (Firefox or Chrome browser recommended)
- Go to https://login.echo360.org/
- Login with firstname.lastname@example.org
- Select Courses
- Select Course
- Click on Echo360 Live Stream for this course (will have "Live" icon next to it)
- Ensure microphone system is on and unmuted.
- You are now ready to lecture.
- Log off of Echo360 at the end of your lecture.
Important note on Presenting and Recording
- Once in the Live session, instructor should NOT click "Show Live Session".
- Materials which are projected to the main classroom screen will be automatically recorded and projected to synchronous classrooms.
- Materials visible on the 2nd monitor and not projected to the classroom screen, will not be recorded or visible in synchronous classrooms.
- The Echo360 live session should be dragged to this monitor. That way when viewing Echo360 discussion questions, anonymous submissions will not be visible to the class (instructors can see name of who submits anonymously, but students can't).