Vetstar - Entering Charges
All charges should be entered using your own log in. Procedure codes document medical procedures performed and supplies used and create the charges on the clients account.
- Bring up your patient’s account. (Ensure it is the proper client and patient.)
- Verify that a visit is open. This will be indicated in the Visit Information area of the HOME screen:
- Select 2 Charges button form the menu on the left side of the screen or type 4 in the command line to access the charge screen.
- Press F5 to add or click the Add button in the upper right of the screen. The Add button should be red when selected and ADD mode will be displayed at the bottom of the screen as shown below.
- Once in Add mode complete each field in the charge entry line. Move between fields by using the Enter key.
- Enter the date performed into the Trans (Transaction) Date field. You may enter it as 6 digits (071620 or as "M/D/YY" (7/16/20).
- Note: The date should be the date performed. If the current date is not correct, change it to the date performed. This is part of the electronic medical record, and should accurately reflect the day the procedure was performed.
- Note: It is critically important to ensure the correct date is entered, especially in the event of euthanasia/death of patient as the performing date prints on the invoice that the owner receives.
- The Visit Type determines the section that is responsible for the patient’s care. It defaults to the visit type entered when the patient is admitted to the hospital in Vetstar. This may change if the section in charge of the patient’s care changes, for example, from Small Animal Medicine to Small Animal Surgery.
- To find a different visit type code, hit the the F4 key to open a Window and then press the Enter key to see all available Visit Types. Select the correct Type.
- In the Code field, type in the procedure code directly (if you know the code) or F4 to open a search Window and enter a word or phrase in the search field and press Enter for a list of procedures. Use the up/down arrows to highlight the proper procedure and then click Select.
10. You can also view Group procedures by selecting Group Search.
11. Select a group and all of the procedures within that group will display, scroll or use the page down/up bottom to find your procedure.
Note: Some procedures have additional information. You can view it by pressing the F9 key or click on the Expand icon at the top of the screen to see help text related to selected procedures if a Y displays in its H column:
Note: To start your search over, press the Esc key until you reach the beginning of the Charge entry line.
12. Occasionally, a popup help text message will appear after you select certain procedures:
13. After reading the information, press the Esc key to close the window.
14. Quantity defaults to one, enter the appropriate quantity if different.
15. The Amount field will automatically be updated to include the price adjusted for quantity and discounts.
16. The Scheduling doctor is the one ordering the procedure and it is entered into the Sched field as the coordinating doctor on the visit (F4 to open a search window find a different doctor). This will auto populate with the scheduled doctor entered at the time of registration.
17. Enter the date that the procedure was performed into the Comp Date(Completion Date)
- Note: Be sure that it is the date that the procedure was actually performed (change if necessary), to maintain record accuracy and avoid client confusion.
18. Enter the performing doctor's code into the Prf field.
19. Enter the doctor code for the supervising faculty member
on the patient's case into the supervising faculty field, you may open a window by pressing F4 to search for the faculty if needed. You can always ask a technician if you are unsure of who to add.
Example: Interns/residents have a supervising faculty assigned them. That supervisor should be added here.
20. Press the ENTER key to complete the line
IMPORTANT: Do not abandon your Vetstar session while in this screen. Your session will time out after a period of inactivity, and you may create a lock on the Charge screen if that happens
21. Continue entering the charges. Please see below for instructions on entering a prescription.
22.. Once you have entered all of your charges, press the F3 key or click on the Green Arrow icon to save all procedures added and leave the Charge screen.
Note: Once a visit is closed, the charges are removed from the charge screen and put on the clients accounts receivable. Reopening the visit does not put the charges back in the charge screen.