Teams Slow Performance
Troubleshooting if Teams performance is slow. Known issues when using Teams with certain applications under certain conditions (ex. Zoom screen sharing with Teams on some computers)
Disable GPU Hardware Acceleration
- Open settings by right clicking on the Microsoft Teams icon in your task bar, desktop shortcut or Start menu programs
- Enable "Disable GPU hardware acceleration"
- Disable "Register teams as chat app for office"
- Restart Teams
Disable all Teams add-ins in Outlook
- Open Outlook
- Select Options
- Select Add-ins
- Select Go... next to Manage
- Disable Microsoft Team Meeting Add-in for Microsoft Office
- Select ok
- Restart Outlook
Clear MS Teams cache on PC
- In Windows Explore go to %appdata%\Microsoft\Teams by typing into Microsoft search bar
- Delete all files in tmp, Blob_storage, Cache, GPUCache, database, and local Storage folder.
- In IndexDB folder, delete .db file.
- Restart the computer.
Modify Zoom video settings (most likely to help if issue is memory or CPU related)
- uncheck the “HD” box for your camera
- Disabling background if enabled
Problem: Pasting a capture from Snagit into Microsoft Teams results in a blank image. May also cause slow performance or failure of images load in Teams Notebooks
Solution: This issue is caused by images that have transparency. To resolve this issue follow these steps:
Open Snagit Editor.
Snagit 2018 and later: Edit > Editor Preferences > Share tab > Clipboard.
Snagit 13: File > Editor Preferences > Share tab > Clipboard.
Check "Disable image transparency on clipboard."