1. Will my state accept this online program toward my continuing education requirements?
We advise you to check with your state's regulatory board to ensure acceptance of online continuing education credit for the purposes of state license requirements. Please note: The University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine is an American Veterinary Medical Association Accredited institution. However, the college is not an approved RACE (Registry of Approved Continuing Education) provider.
2. I am not a veterinarian/veterinary technician. Can I enroll?
The courses currently available on Veterinary Education Online are designed to provide continuing education credit for veterinarians. Some modules are approved for continuing education for licensed, certified or registered veterinary technicians. Participants must have the knowledge base needed for these courses, and enrollment is therefore limited to veterinarians or licensed, certified or registered veterinary technicians.
3. Why do I have to wait 24 to 48 hours after enrolling to begin the course?
Enrollment is handled through the University Based Learning Management Center, which is open only during business hours.
4. How many days do I have to complete the program after I enroll?
You will have access to the material for 60 days from the date of your enrollment.
5. I forgot my NetID and/ or password. What do I do now?
Because NetID and passwords are case-sensitive, please make sure that you are entering the data in the correct case. If you are still having problems, contact the Office of Public Engagement to have your password reset. This may take time, so please keep a copy of your assigned NetID and password in a place that is easy for you to find.
6. My computer or Internet connection isn't working. Can you help?
Be sure that you complete the browser tests AND Learning Management Browser Tune-Up before enrolling. The tests are at Technical Requirements. It is very important that you note the technical requirements found on these pages. The course help site and the Office of Public Engagement can provide some basic technical assistance. However, we do not have a dedicated technical assistant on staff.
7. Can I get a refund?
Courses are non-refundable once you have been enrolled. You have 60 days to complete the course.
Due to reduced staffing during the holidays, enrollment in Veterinary Education Online is limited to the following times:
- Enrollments received after 12:00 p.m. CT on Wednesday, November 27, will receive enrollment notification by 5:00 p.m. CT on Monday, December 2.
- Enrollments received after 12:00 p.m. CT on Monday, December 23, will receive enrollment notification by 5:00 p.m. CT on Friday, December 27.
- Enrollments received after 12:00 p.m. CT on Friday, December 27, will receive enrollment notification by 5:00 p.m. CT on Monday, December 30.
- Enrollments received after 12:00 p.m. CT on Monday, December 30, will receive enrollment notification by 5:00 p.m. CT on Thursday, January 2.