Summer Research Training Program for Veterinary Students
• Enrollment in the first or second year of veterinary school at the time of application. (We will not be accepting Non-Illinois veterinary students this year.)
• A cumulative grade-point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) in the DVM curriculum.
• Career interests that would benefit from research training.
Submitting Your Application
• Complete the downloadable application form for each mentor you wish to review your application.
• The application deadline for the program is February 1, 2013.
• All applications will be reviewed by the program’s Scientific Steering Committee.
• Academic record, application information and professional references will be considered in the review process.
• The student-mentor matching process will begin immediately after the application deadline and continue until all places in the program are filled.
• Students will be matched with mentors based on the student’s statement of interests and availability of research projects. Applicants may learn about potential mentors by visiting our "Meet our Mentors " page.
• Students will be notified of a potential match in the program and will meet with the mentor to discuss possible research projects. Following that meeting, the student and mentor will provide feedback to the program’s committee to indicate whether they have agreed to work together.