We provide expertise in advanced spatial analysis and statistical modeling of spatial data. Our approach is to be active team members in the interdisciplinary process of exploration, discovery and model development.
We often partner with the UIUC Spatial Epidemiology Lab [link] in our projects.
Spatial analysis includes
- measurement of change over time of populations, land cover or vegetation
- cost surface models to determine the degree to which an area supports movement of animal or people
- landscape characterization integrating natural and human-built environmental factors
Spatial statistical analysis comprises
- spatial cluster measures in both space and time, with consideration of spatial patterns of both the population (such as mosquitoes) and an outcome (such as a vector-borne disease)
- risk map development by linking standard statistical analysis such as logistic regression, principal components analysis and ANOVA with digital maps.