Rommel Max Tan, DVM, MS, DACVP
PhD Student/Veterinary Anatomic Pathology Resident
DVM: University of the Philippines (Class of 2005)
MS: University of Maryland (Class of 2008)
Residency: University of Illinois (2008-2011)
Diplomate, ACVP (2011)
Research: The interaction of Type IV Pilus of Pseudomonas aeruginosa and human surfactant protein-A
1. Tan, RM, DeFrancisco, AL and K Singh. 2010. Pathology in Practice (Rhinitis, pharyngitis and tracheitis in a horse caused by Conidiobolus coronatus). Journal of American Veterinary Medical Association. 236(8):831-833.
2. McGovern, KF, Lascola, KM. Davis, E, Fredrickson, RL and R Tan. 2011. T-cell Lymphosarcoma with Immune Mediated Anemia and Thrombocytopenia in a Horse. Journal of Veterinary Internal Medicine. 25(5):1181-1185.
3. Lai, IK, Chai, Y, Simmons, D, Watson WH, Tan, R, Haschek, WM, Wang, K, Wang, B, Ludewig, G and LW Robertson. 2011. Dietary selenium as a modulator of PCB 126 toxicity in livers of male Sprague Dawley rats. Toxicologic Sciences. 124(1):202-214.
4. Tan, RM, Stern, AW, White, AG, Campbell, KL and K Novak. Pathology in Practice (Calcinosis cutis in a dog). Journal of American Veterinary Medical Association. Accepted.
5. Tan, RM, Singh, K and K Sandman. Subcutaneous hemangiosarcoma induced by a foreign body (steel staple) in a cat. Canadian Veterinary Journal. Accepted.
6. Tan, RM, Stern, AW and EC Schliewert. Pathology in Practice (Metastatic hemangiosarcoma in a horse). Journal of American Veterinary Medical Association. Reviewed.
7. Tan, RM, Tablante, NL, Bautista, DA and K Phillips. Descriptive study of the microbial profile of poultry litter from broiler farms with recurring outbreaks of gangrenous dermatitis, farms with no history of gangrenous dermatitis, and an experimental poultry house. Journal of Applied Poultry Research. Reviewed.
8. Tan, RM, Bautista, DA and NL Tablante. Comparison of acidified sodium chlorite and peracetic acid-hydrogen peroxide in reducing total aerobic and coliform counts when used as online poultry reprocessing antimicrobial agents. Journal of Applied Poultry Research. Submitted.
9. Tan, RM, Kuang, Z, Hao, Y, Engel, JN and GW Lau. Type IV pilus of Pseudomonas aeruginosa is important for resistance to surfactant protein-A (SP-A) mediated phagocytosis, aggregation, membrane permeability and mouse lung clearance. Infection and Immunity. In preparation.
1. Singh, K, DeFrancisco, A and R Tan. 2009. Rhinitis, pharyngitis and tracheitis in a horse caused by Conidiobolus coronatus. 60th Annual Meeting, American College of Veterinary Pathologists, December 5-9, 2009. Monterey, California. Abstract in Veterinary Pathology. 46(5):1070.
2. Tan, R, Lai, I, Haschek, WH and LW Robertson. 2010. 3,3’,4,4’,5-pentachlorobiphenyl (PCB 126) induces apoptosis and steatosis in male Sprague-Dawley rats which is modulated by dietary selenium. 2010 Joint Symposium. Society of Toxicologic Pathology-International Federation of Societies of Toxicologic Pathologists, June 20-24, 2010, Chicago, Illinois.
3. Tan, R and G Lau. 2012. ΔpilA Pseudomonas aeruginosa is more susceptible to SP-A mediated phagocytosis, aggregation and membrane permeability. 2012 CVM Research Day. April 20, 2012. Urbana, Illinois.
4. Tan, RM, Kuang, Z, Hao, Y and GW Lau. Type IV pilus of Pseudomonas aeruginosa is important for resistance to SP-A mediated phagocytosis, aggregation, membrane permeability and mouse lung clearance. 63rd Annual Meeting, American College of Veterinary Pathologists. December 1-5, 2012 (Accepted). Seattle, Washington.
1. Tan, R and L Kohrt. 2009. Acute Fowl Cholera (Pasteurella multocida serotype 2,3,4,12,14) in Two Domestic Nicholas Turkey Hens. 28TH Annual Meeting, Midwest Association of Veterinary Pathologist, August 13-14, 2009, Marshall, Indiana.
2. Tan, R and M Wallig. 2010. Left adrenocortical carcinoma myxoid variant and multifocal insulinoma in a 5 year old male fitch ferret. 29th Annual Meeting. Midwest Association of Veterinary Pathologist, August 12-13, 2010, Mattawan, Michigan.