Spatial database development is often a large part of a spatially oriented project. We have many years of experience in evaluation and processing of a variety of spatial data to form a cohesive dataset suitable for analysis and mapping. Our emphasis is on the development of datasets that incorporate data from both the human, built environment and from a more natural, ecological approach.
Our GIS database services
- geocoding for United States street addresses using both automated and manual approaches as needed.
- Summarizing data at many scales so that analysis can occur in a hierarchical manner
- Relational database design
- ArcGIS geodatabase development
- Creation of new digital data from paper records and aerial imagery
We have expertise in using and extracting data from many sources including
- United States Census of Population and Housing
- Digital elevation models
- Land use and land cover
- Soils characteristics
- Satellite imagery
- National Agricultural Statistical Service
- National Hydrography Dataset
- Precipitation and temperature data