How to Add CVM-AD Printer Remotely
Below are instructions for How to Add CVM-AD Printer from Home or a non-CVM-AD computer. You will also find these instructions attached in a MS Word document.
How to Add a CVM-AD Network Printer from Off Campus
In order to remotely access CVM-AD network printers one must be connected to the UIUC network. You may connect to the UIUC network by using the VPN client. Visit http://www.cites.illinois.edu/vpn/index.html for instructions on installing and running the VPN client.
1. Run the VPN client and authenticate successfully.
2. Navigate to the Control Panel and Select the Printers and Faxes icon
3. Select Add a Printer from the left task pane
If your task pane is hidden, Go to File and select Add a Printer
4. The Welcome to the Add Printer Wizard will greet you. Select Next.
5. Choose the radio button “Network printer, or a printer attached to another computer.” Select Next.
6. Choose “Connect to this printer” and type \\print8.vetmed.illinois.edu\Students2 [or the desired printer name]. Select Next.
You will be prompted to authenticate. Type in cvm-ad\yournetid and your CVM-AD password.
Next it will ask you if you want to install printer drivers. Select Yes.
7. Select Yes or No to set this printer as your default printer. Select Finish.
|How to Add a CVM-AD Network Printer From Home.doc||89.5 KB|