Configuring Outlook 2010 for Exchange Email
To configure Outlook 2010 for Exchange Email:
1. Start Outlook
2. Navigate to File > Info > Add Account (*)
3. Enter your name, email address (as YourNetID@illinois.edu) and your Campus AD password; then click Next
4. When prompted for your login information, choose the option “Use another account”
5. Enter your username as “uofi\YourNetID” and enter your Campus AD password, then click OK to let Outlook finish configuration.
*If this is the first time you have started Outlook on this computer, you will automatically be asked to configure an email account and can proceed to Step 3.
To remove your old Express email account from Outlook 2010:
1. With Outlook started, navigate to File > Info > Account Settings > Account Settings
2. With the Email tab selected, choose your Express email account. The name of this account may vary depending on how it was configured; you do not want to select the Microsoft Exchange account that is listed
3. With your Express email account highlighted, choose the “Remove” option listed above the account list window and confirm
4. Click the Close button when completed
If you need assistance with these steps, please contact Computing Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 217-333-1533.