Lync @ Vet Med FAQ
This FAQ contains information regarding Microsoft Lync at the College of Veterinary Medicine.
1. What if I do not have a UC device (headset/USB desk phone) for use with Lync yet?^
Please contact your departmental office for help with purchasing a UC device. If you are unsure who to speak to, Computing Services can direct you to the appropriate person(s).
2. How do I sign into Lync?^
To sign into Lync:
1. On the “Sign-in address” field, enter your email address (e.g. NetID@illinois.edu), then click “Sign In”
2. After a short wait, you will be asked for your username. Enter this as: uofi\NetID
3. Enter your Campus AD (Exchange email) password, then click “Sign In”
Note: If you do not have a USB headset, handset or other microphone/speaker device for use with Lync, you will be limited to using the instant messaging function of Lync.
3. How do I know if I'm activated to use Lync?^
To check your Lync activation status, please visit the following web page and sign in with your NetID and Campus AD (Exchange email) password:
Once logged in, you will see a category near the top that tells your Lync activation status.
If you have additional questions regarding Unified Communications, please contact Computing Services at email@example.com or 217-333-1533.