Help Desk Consultant Application
Application for Employment - Computing Services Help Desk Student Consultant
The Computing Services Help Desk provides phone, email, and on-site IT support for the College of Veterinary Medicine. Common problems we solve are email setup, computer hardware upgrades, computer virus infections and general troubleshooting.
Requirements For All Applicants:
* You must be a full time undergraduate student in good standing at the University of Illinois
* You must be able to work at least 10 hours per week, Mon-Fri, between the hours of 8a-5:30p. We prefer if you can work 10-15 hours per week.
* Ability to speak to people of varying technical, cultural, and linguistic backgrounds in person, over the phone, and by email
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Demonstrable strong customer service skills
* Ability to work with sensitive information in a conscientious manner
* Punctuality, Responsibility, and Accountability
Desired Technical Experience:
* Intermediate knowledge of Mac and PC operating systems, Windows XP/Vista/7 and Mac OS X
* Basic understanding of computer hardware and networking
* Basic understanding of Internet applications and desktop email clients
* Comfortable troubleshooting Microsoft Office applications
* Basic understanding of classroom projector and video conference systems
* Experience with using/troubleshooting Microsoft Lync/Unified Communications at the University of Illinois
If you don't have all of the desired technical experience, that's okay. We will train you on our core software packages and computer networking. A willingness to learn and try new things is sometimes more important than expertise.
For consideration, please fill out and submit the attached PDF application below (must use Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat to correctly submit application). You will be contacted via e-mail about the status of your application within ten business days.
We Do NOT hire for summer or academic breaks only.