To install the VADDS and Vetstar update on a BSB or VTH computer on the wired internet, please do the following:
1. Right-click the below link and choose "Save Link As..." or "Save Target As..." and save the file to your desktop.
2. Double-click the icon named "vaddspivs" on your desktop to run the update. After a very brief wait, you should receive a pop-up indicating that the update completed successfully.
To install the July 2012 Vetstar and VADDS upgrade on your mobile or off-site computer, please use the following steps:
1. Ensure Windows User Account Control (UAC) is turned off (Windows Vista/7 only):
1a. Navigate to Start > Control Panel > User Accounts > Change User Account Control settings
1b. Turn the slider all the way to the bottom and then click "OK" (may require a computer restart)
2. Download and save the installation files by clicking here.
Beginning January 9, all Vet Med Faculty and Staff that have existing phone numbers will be activated to use Unified Communications via the Microsoft Lync application. Faculty and Staff that currently lack office phone numbers, along with graduate and professional students, will be activated to use Lync at a later date. Computing Services will be installing the Lync software on necessary computers prior to January 9. The Vet Med UC Coordinators group is working to identify UC device (headsets and handsets) needs, procurement and distribution.
Why is this happening?
This FAQ contains information regarding Microsoft Lync at the College of Veterinary Medicine.
1. Who will have access to Lync on Monday, January 9?
2. What if I do not currently have a phone number, or I am a graduate or professional student?
3. Is my traditional phone being turned off?
4. Where can I find the Lync software?
5. What if I do not have a UC device (headset/USB desk phone) for use with Lync yet?
6. Who is assisting me with the purchase of a UC device?
Computing Services would like to announce an improved way for Vet Med Students to access both Vetstar and PACS systems from their personal computers. With this new method students will be able to utilize their own computers to connect to a service that has Vetstar and PACS available without needing to first download these programs. Additionally, Mac users will be able to use this service without needing to install Windows on their computers.
Due to staff limitations, extended support for personally-owned computer equipment and accessories will not be available at the Computing Services Help Desk during Winter Break (Dec 20, 2010 - January 17, 2011). Extended Service Walk-In hours, normally held Wednesdays and Fridays from 3-5:30p, will also not be available. The following types of assistance are still being offered by appointment only:
- Connecting to University wireless networks (IllinoisNet, UIUCnet, VPN)
- Configuration of University email for computer and mobile phone clients
Listed below are three local computer repair services. These services have been used by Computing Services personnel in the past, and can provide assistance for issues not supported by the Help Desk.
Illini Union Flash Drive
187 Illini Union
1401 W. Green Street
Urbana, IL 61801
CITES OnSite Consulting
39 E. Marketview Dr.
Champaign, IL 61820
To: All Vet Med Faculty and Staff
Re: Printer Ink, Toner and Supplies
Beginning Wednesday December 1, 2010, Vet Med faculty and staff will be responsible for ordering ink, toner and other supplies for their individual office printers. Departmental staff will be responsible for ordering these items for department office printers. Printer supplies can be purchased through one of two methods:
- iBuy punch-outs (CDW-G, OfficeMax, HP, Dell)
Class of 2013 please click the following link when instructed:
The above link should load within 30sec. If it does not, please inform us in class by raising your hand.