How to Install and Configure 4D 11.6 Client
How To Configure the 4D Client
1. You can locate the 4D version 11.6 installer package \\pluto\Utilities\4D Client v11 After a recent upgrade only the current version 4D v11 SQL Release 5 is supported. The most recent is also available for download on the web at: http://www.4d.com/us/downloads/products.html
2. Double-click to run the 4D_v11_SQL_Release_5SetUpMirror.exe. At the Welcome wizard click Next and Accept the license agreement to begin the software installation.
3. Now ensure the Destination Folder is set to C:\Program Files\4D\ and select Next.
4. Choose the Custom Installation
- a. Click on the 4D and 4D Pop Collection feature and choose “This feature, and all subfeatures, will be installed on local hard drive.” Now select Install
5. After the latest 4D Client is installed the executable will be located in C:\Program Files\4D and should create a new folder in the Start Menu.
a. If you desire a shortcut on the desktop navigate to this location and right-click and choose Send to Desktop
b. Also, make sure to remove and or delete all references to the older 4D v2004.5
6. Finally, open the new 4D client and select Connect to 4D Server. Navigate to the custom tab and type in the correct server name and address:
Admissions - oxen.vetmed.illinois.edu:19810
Financials - oxen.vetmed.illinois.edu:19820
CAMF - oxen.vetmed.illinois.edu:19830
Property – oxen.vetmed.illinois.edu:19840
VTH Storeroom – oxen.vetmed.illinois.edu:19850
7. Check both checkmark boxes as displayed in above image. Now once the appropriate server information is entered, the server name and address will appear in recent tab for the current user profile. In turn, you will not have to reenter this data on your station.
8. Once connected, select proper user, type in password, and go.
Also, can download the instruction using the link at the bottom to the MS Word attachment.