Kem Road Animal Hospital located outside of Indianapolis, IN is seeking a driven Associate DVM to join our practice! We are offering a $15,000 signing bonus and will award relocation expenses to qualified candidates out of the area!
*Successful employment as ADVM may lead to promotion to Managing DVM for the experienced candidate*
Kem Road Animal Hospital is a large multi-doctor practice in Marion, IN. The practice has progressive medical and surgical services for companion animals as well as boarding. Our clinic has a state of the art in-house lab and dental equipment, including digital radiography. The team is supported by a full staff of RVTs and office personnel. We strive to stay progressive and practice excellent medicine in a team culture of companion animal care and client service!
More information at kemroadanimalhospital.com
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
- Two rooms for surgery, surgery prep/dental area, a treatment room, conference room and 4 exam rooms
- In-house pharmacy and lab
- X-ray and digital CR x-ray coming soon
- IDEXX Catalyst DX & Lasercyte blood machine
- Digital dental x-ray
- Oxygen concentrator for in line oxygen
- TonoVet Tonometer
- Our hospital is located about an hour from Indianapolis, Ft. Wayne, and Purdue University. Marion has a variety of restaurants, the Marion Public library & museum, and our award-winning hospital, Marion General Hospital. Indiana Wesleyan University, located on the south end of Marion, has been expanding recently and it has attracted many new businesses. We are also close to 2 reservoirs, Salamonie & Mississinewa, with activities like fishing, camping, hiking, horse-back riding, and boating readily available. There are numerous social organizations and a low cost of living. Our town is considered the “Christmas City, USA” and our light display at Christmas is very popular and attracts many visitors.
A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited university.
Licensure in good standing to practice in Indiana.
Develop a rapport with clients and determine their needs and wishes; perform physical examinations and diagnostic/medical/surgical/dental procedures in a way that will deliver the highest quality care while minimizing patient stress and discomfort.
Explain physical examination findings and communicate to the client a diagnosis of the pet’s problems; generate and present a treatment plan for the pet to the client; educate clients on preventative health care, including vaccines and appropriate nutritional products.
Maintain client/patient medical/surgical records and make certain all necessary logs are kept up-to-date through established protocols; assist colleagues in follow-up and future management of the patient.
Stay up-to-date with new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine, attend Continuing Education meetings.
Assist in the development of the paraprofessional team to ensure the delivery of the highest quality care and exceptional client service.
Positively represent the hospital in the professional community and to the general public.
Other duties as assigned.
If you are looking for a career adventure and an opportunity for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you!
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.