Heading to the Illinois Horse Fair in Springfield this weekend? Be sure to look up faculty members from the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine, who will be on hand to offer owner education sessions.
On Saturday, March 5:
- 1 pm Anatomy of the Gastrointestinal Tract of the Horse, Barn 14
- 4 pm Anatomy of the Horse’s Head and Mouth, Barn 14
On Sunday, March 6:
- 11 am The Pre-purchase Exam: How Involved Should You Get and What It Can (and Cannot) Tell You, Annex Demo Area
- 12 noon Take a Look Inside the Leg of the Horse, Barn 14
- 3 pm Ask the Vet – Question and Answer, Barn 14
Dr. French is the interim head of the Department of Veterinary Clinical Medicine at the college. He is a diplomate of the American Board of Veterinary Practitioners in equine practice.
The Veterinary Teaching Hospital is staffed by veterinarians 24 hours a day, 365 days a year for any equine emergency. Boarded specialists provide surgical and medical care by appointment. Veterinary specialists in emergency care, dentistry, dermatology, oncology, ophthalmology, anesthesiology, and imaging also provide care to equine patients as needed.