Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Degree
In 2009 the University of Illinois College of Veterinary Medicine launched an innovative curriculum focused on giving students a solid foundation in the knowledge, skills, and aptitudes needed by new veterinary graduates.
Among the many benefits of an Illinois veterinary education are:
- Clinical rotations throughout the curriculum, beginning the first semester
- Courses that integrate subject matter across disciplines and species
- A large Clinical Skills Learning Center
- DVM-Master’s in Public Health joint degree program with the University of Illinois-Chicago
- A strong summer research program for veterinary students
- A wide array of elective courses and student organizations
- A professional development course that involves students working with mentors to customize their experiences just before graduation.