The Illinois Integrated Veterinary Professional Curriculum
What makes this curriculum different?
The Illinois Integrated curriculum offers:
- Increased time working with animal patients in a clinical setting, beginning with the first eight-week block of the program during which students will rotate through a new area of the Veterinary Teaching Hospital each week;
- Shorter, more intensive basic science courses that emphasize the clinical relevance of the material;
- Self-directed learning through online modules and in the Clinical Skills Learning Center;
- Comprehensive milestone examinations in the second and third years to help students assess their mastery of the material;
- An eight-week “professional development” period immediately before graduation.