Congratulations on celebrating a reunion year! Below are some venues and ideas for your reunion activities. When you are ready to plan your event, or if you have questions or need further information, please contact the Office of Advancement at 217-333-2761 or email@example.com.
Planning Your Event
- If you have a smaller group, you might be able to make a large group reservation instead of reserving a more formal space with a food and beverage minimum.
- You will need to work with the venue to book your reunion location, sign any contracts, and pay any deposits needed. Be sure to charge enough of your guests to cover event expenses—don’t forget about tax and gratuity! If you have questions about how to set up a contract, pricing, etc., please contact us.
- We can provide you with your classmates’ contact information. This process can take a week (sometimes more), so be sure to ask early! If you have not done so, you will need to complete a confidentiality form as well. If there are faculty or staff members you would like to invite, we can help you get their contact information as well.
- Be sure to collect RSVPs! Eventbrite is a great site to use for collecting RSVPs!
- Many venues require you to pay for the event at the event’s conclusion. Be aware of this and plan accordingly!
- If you are going to have a 50/50 raffle to raise funds for your class’s scholarship, be sure to get a raffle license from the City of Champaign or the City of Urbana (depending on where your event is being held). Raffle licenses are typically around $10 per event.
- If you would like a donation form for class scholarship gifts, please let us know.
- Would you like a tour of the College as part of your reunion activities? Please complete the tour request form with the date and requested time.
Guido’s (fantastic private space in basement)
Jupiter’s at the Crossing (very easy to work with!)
Milos, Urbana (traditional restaurant but very accommodating)
Big Grove Tavern (they have several options for private dining spaces)
Desthil (you can sometimes schedule a brewery talk as part of your event)
Silvercreek (unique private room)
Houlihans (they can sometimes host events in the iHotel if space is available)
Sun Singer Wine & Spirits
Binny’s (tasting room)
Prairie Fruits Farm
Indi Go Artist Coop
The Orpheum Theater
The Virginia Theater
Pear Tree Estate
Hilton Garden Inn
Classic Events at Stone Creek