We Can’t Wait to See You!
If you are nearing a reunion year, congratulations! Whether celebrating your 5-year reunion or 60-year reunion, our office is here to support your class’s planning efforts. In 2017, all the class reunions will take place during Fall Conference/Homecoming weekend.
Classes celebrating their 5-, 10-, 15-, 20-, 25-, 30-, and 35-year reunions typically plan their reunions to coincide with the annual Fall Conference for Veterinarians. On the Friday night of Fall Conference, the college invites you to the annual Class Reunion Kick-Off. Join us for class photos, food, drinks and fun! From there, each class is on its own. Some classes simply plan a reunion dinner for that evening while others plan an entire weekend of reunion fun!
Volunteers from each class organize the reunion activities. Our office is happy to provide suggestions on event venues (see below) and activities and to provide updated contact information for your classmates.
If you are interested in serving as a coordinator for your class, please contact the Office of Advancement at 217-333-2761.
Milestone Reunion Celebration
Classes celebrating their 40-, 45-, 50-, 55-, and 60-year reunions are invited to join us for our annual Milestone Reunion Celebration. Typically held in the fall, we invite you to return to the College of Veterinary Medicine to learn what is new at the College, to take a tour of campus and the College, reconnect over several meals, and more.
Many classes are interested in setting up a scholarship in honor of their graduation class. If your class has an interest in setting up an endowed scholarship, please visit the Giving section for more details.
If you have any questions about reunions or class gifts, please contact the Office of Advancement at 217-333-2761.
Planning Your Event
- If you have a smaller group, you might be able to make a large group reservation instead of reserving a more formal space with a food and beverage minimum.
- You will need to work with the venue to book your reunion location, sign any contracts, and pay any deposits needed. Be sure to charge enough of your guests to cover event expenses—don’t forget about tax and gratuity! If you have questions about how to set up a contract, pricing, etc., please contact us.
- We can provide you with your classmates’ contact information. This process can take a week (sometimes more), so be sure to ask early! If you have not done so, you will need to complete a confidentiality form as well. If there are faculty or staff members you would like to invite, we can help you get their contact information as well.
- Be sure to collect RSVPs! Eventbrite is a great site to use for collecting RSVPs!
- Many venues require you to pay for the event at the event’s conclusion. Be aware of this and plan accordingly!
- If you are going to have a 50/50 raffle to raise funds for your class’s scholarship, be sure to get a raffle license from the City of Champaign or the City of Urbana (depending on where your event is being held). Raffle licenses are typically around $10 per event.
- If you would like a donation form for class scholarship gifts, please let us know.
- Would you like a tour of the College as part of your reunion activities? Please complete the tour request form with the date and requested time.
This list of Champaign area venues is provided as a starting point for your planning.
Restaurants and Bars
Guido’s (fantastic private space in basement)
Jupiter’s at the Crossing (very easy to work with!)
Milos, Urbana (traditional restaurant but very accommodating)
Big Grove Tavern (they have several options for private dining spaces)
Desthil (you can sometimes schedule a brewery talk as part of your event)
Silvercreek (unique private room)
Houlihans (they can sometimes host events in the iHotel if space is available)
Sun Singer Wine & Spirits
Binny’s (tasting room)
Pear Tree Estate
Hilton Garden Inn
Classic Events at Stone Creek